Our members are the backbone of our network and together we are committed to advancing philanthropy in the region. Building on our chartered history for the last 19 years, we have built a reputation of reliability in supporting the growth of philanthropy in support of regional development.
We look forward to having you join us!
Why Join EAPN
Are you a committed change-maker?
Do you believe in driving change through innovative practices tackling society’s challenges?
EAPN is a thought leader committed to ensuring philanthropy reaches its fullest potential as a catalyst for social progress in East Africa. We are committed to generate learning and partnerships and collaborations and create an enabling environment for philanthropy to flourish in our region. Our goal is to rally philanthropic actors across the region to build a more just, equitable and healthy East Africa.
Who can join
EAPN is a network of regional and national community foundations, corporate foundations, private foundations, and other types of grantmaking and non-grantmaking organizations committed to promoting philanthropy.
Membership is open to philanthropy infrastructure organizations that meet all of the following criteria:
- Member organizations have full autonomy in their grantmaking activities and a track record in leveraging resources.
- Member organizations agree to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics.Member organizations have been active grantmakers or have been active in the field of social development for at least one year.
- Member organizations make grants through an open and transparent process to at least five organizations/individuals each year.
- Member organizations have a working presence in any of the East African countries (Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda).
- A fundamental operational purpose and activity of member organizations is a grantmaking (For Full Membership Category).
Members of the network including board members and staff enjoy such benefits as:
The network is grateful for the general operating and program support that we
currently receive from the following organizations: